Coturnix at A Blog Around the Clock alerted me that today is the third annual Blog Day, which âwas created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest.â To participate, bloggers link to five new blogs â and Iâm going to interpret ânewâ as meaning âa blog I discovered fairly recently and suspect most readers donât know about yet.â So, here are my five blog links for Blog Day 2007:
- The Nata village blog provides an up-close view of the battle to control the spread of HIV/AIDS in one village in Botswana.
- Epidemix covers âtrends, technologies and other contagions in medicine and healthâ (via Technology, Health & Development).
- The Neighborhood Toxicologist reports on chemical contaminants that affect our daily lives.
- FarmPolicy.com gathers all the U.S. farm policy info in one place (via Gristmill, which will tell you why you should care about farm policy).
- Peter Suber, Open Access News champions the movement to make peer-reviewed scientific and scholarly literature freely available (via Coturnix, who is collecting blogospheric reactions to the PR offensive some major publishers are mounting against open access).
Use the Technorati tag BlogDay2007 to identify a Blog Day post or find others. Happy Blog Day!