A few of the recent pieces I recommend reading:
- Molly Osberg at Splinter: How to Not Die in America
- Ben Penn at Bloomberg Law: Labor Dept. Ditches Data Showing Bosses Could Skim Waiters’ Tips
- Marisa Kabas at Medium: Dear David Brooks: Women’s lives are not your bargaining chip. Women’s lives are not yours to offer.
- Susan Perry of MinnPost interviews Rachel Hardeman: Erica Garner and Serena Williams’ stories underscore health inequalities facing black women
- Julia Belluz and Umair Irfan at Vox: The disturbing new language of science under Trump, explained
- Nancy McEldowney at the Washington Post: How to work for a president who loathes the civil service
And here’s something worth watching, from The Root: The Tragic Deaths of Robert Walker and Echol Cole Sparked 1968 Memphis Sanitation Strike (introductory article by Kirsten West Savali)